Friday, July 2, 2010

a long sigh coming

Hear that?
Yeah, that.
It's me.... letting out a huge sigh.
Welcome, Summer Vacation!
It seems so weird for me to embrace summer vacation with such vigor and need. I'm the one who usually keeps working well into July (I'm a teacher, for those of you who may not be aware.)
I cannot lie. Since returning to work from maternity/parental leave, life has not been a picnic. I've been tired, busy beyond comprehension, cranky, irritable, feeling and looking fat, questioning life, questioning morals, questioning just about everything. I don't think summer vacation could have come at a better time.

So what is my plan for this summer?
Well, I plan to relax at home with my kiddies, in our pajamas or grungy clothes for extended periods of time. We'll swim in my aunt's pool whenever the weather allows. We'll go to the beach as much as possible.

I'm gonna read what I want.... which is copious amounts of magazines, blogs, and 3 novels I want to finish.

I'm taking a weekend away from family with my cousin. Tenting. Beer. Music. Heavenly.

We're taking a family vacation to PEI for a week, followed by my cousin's wedding in New Brunswick -- a 4 day affair for us, as we'll be back to school shopping for my daughter who'll be starting school in September.... and who has an uncanny addiction to H&M... go figure.

If all goes according to plans, I'll also lose 5-10 pounds this summer. (hardy har har... that would mean less beer, I'm thinking)

Sigh.

It sounds so..... due. In due time they say.

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking. ~Earl Wilson






Let's see how this summer plays out. I'm counting on it!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my post! ~Dawn